The Southern Africa -Canada Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic, influential business organisation dedicated to promoting and developing business interests between Southern Africa and Canada.
The Chamber provides a focal point for establishing business contacts and networking opportunities, serving as an influential advocate with governments, and advancing common interest agendas for a diverse and vital membership. As a forum for Canadian companies and investors in Southern Africa, membership of the Chamber allows members to stay abreast of policy and regulatory developments.
Our activities keep members well-informed of business trends, offering the best opportunities for networking and developing business contacts.
The Chamber’s mission is to serve as a resource and catalyst for its members and for Southern African companies in general to develop their interests with Canadian businesses.
The Chamber offers a broad range of benefits to members that include, but are not limited to:
- Providing access to a cross-section of relevant contacts and to current information on investment and trade.
- Serving as a point of reference for Canadian trade missions and Southern African companies.
- Collaborating with similar organisations across Southern Africa and with counterparts in Canada.
- Providing networking opportunities for members that include functions with high profile speakers, chosen for their significant knowledge of important issues of interest to members,
- Facilitation of development funding opportunities.
- Export incubation support.
- Corporate member access to regular events hosted by the Chamber.
- Facilitation of access between Southern African and Canadian companies and the Canadian Trade Office in South Africa, and other stakeholders.
- Import and export guidance.
- Practical business training and information sessions from Canadian and Southern African experts on new legislation and regulatory developments affecting business.
- Collective advocacy to shape the business environment.
- Membership to various ‘open’ SACANCHAM membership Forums discussing pertinent business, economic and environmental issues and featuring expert speakers. The invitation-only CEO Forum is available to industry leaders to discuss high-level and relevant topics in a closed, secure environment.