COVID – 19
Dear Member / Partner
Following President Ramaphosa’s address to the nation last Sunday night and his impassioned appeal to broader society to help contain the spread of the Corona Virus , I believe that as a forum for business and individuals , SACANCHAM should play a constructive role in supporting our members and partners at this critical time.
I am sure that the majority of our members and partners have implemented the recommended interventions and measures designed to mitigate against the spread of Covid-19 but I thought it appropriate to include below details of the measures implemented by a well-known global company :
- We have ceased all international employee business travel.
- We have ceased all domestic employee business travel and have strongly advised against personal employee domestic travel.
- We have also mandated a 14-day self-quarantine / remote work requirement for any employee who has travelled overseas.
- We regularly monitor conditions on the ground and are able to escalate to mandatory working remotely.
- We have cancelled all events for the foreseeable future and are abiding by the rule of no more than 100 persons at any social gathering or event.
- We are closely monitoring client events that have been scheduled and are making decisions regarding events with an eye toward maximum caution and vigilance.
- We are closely coordinating with our suppliers (whether in affected areas or otherwise) and internal business units to ensure continuity of supply
- Hand sanitizers have been implemented at reception and throughout the building for both client and employee use.
- Anti-bacterial sprays are present in all training and meeting rooms.
- Our employees have been requested to avoid hand-shakes, as hands carry a lot of germs.
Social distancing is being practiced in all offices and details of such is also present on notices in reception in order for clients to do the same.
We are living and operating in a time which places an added responsibility on all of us to lead and help each other to overcome this pandemic, which we can only do when we are united in facing the current challenge with confidence and hope, but more importantly with a solution-focused mindset. The government cannot fight this alone. We all need to actively play our roles in reducing our risk of exposure and that of our loved ones.
It is important to remain calm and well informed and we recommend that you visit the World Health Organisation website and the South Africa Health Department website to keep abreast of developments
While this is an incredibly challenging time and a first for each of us, this is a test of our resourcefulness and resilience. In the words of our President, “It is true that we are facing a grave emergency. But if we act together, if we act now, and if we act decisively, we will overcome it.” It is important to stay focused and seek practical solutions to minimise the socio-economic impact of COVID-19..
Let us all heed the clarion call of President Ramaphosa by acting swiftly and with common purpose to prevent the spread of this global pandemic.Be resilient and stay safe…