“Harnessing the State Capture and Covid19 Pandemic Experiences to reset the South African Economy” with Prof Wiseman Nkuhle – 7 April 2022
We were delighted that Prof Wiseman Nkuhlu, the Chairman of KPMG South Africa, Chancellor of the University of Pretoria, respected academic and influential business leader agreed to address us on the subject, “Harnessing the State Capture and Covid19 Pandemic Experiences to reset the South African Economy”
Drawing on his vast experience in business and academia in South Africa, Prof Nkuhlu provided insights into how the experiences of state capture and the Covid 19 pandemic can be helpful in turning around the fortunes of our ailing economy.
Stringent COVID-19 protocols were in place at this event.
View the video recording:
We apologise for the quality of the sound on this recording and suggest you use headphones as it was kindly recorded by one of the attendees to share with you.
Our grateful thanks to KPMG for hosting this event on behalf of SACANCHAM.
Prof Wiseman Nkuhle – Chairman of the Board
About Professor Wiseman Nkuhlu:
- Currently the Chairman of KPMG South Africa
- Chancellor of the University of Pretoria
- Formerly the Principal and vice-Chancellor of the University of Transkei (1987 – 1991)
- Chairman of DBSA (1995 – 2000)
- Economic Advisor to former President Thabo Mbeki
- Chairman of Rothschild South Africa (2009 – Jan 2018)
- Chairman of Audit Committee of AngloGold Ashanti (2007- 2013)
About the profession:
- Has served as President of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) for two terms.
- Trustee of the IFRS Foundation – overseeing the development of Accounting standards (2013 – 2018).
- He’s passionately involved with the development of Black Accountants and is the Patron of the Nkuhlu School of Accounting at the University of Fort Hare.
DCom(hc) (UFS), DCom(hc) (US), DCom (hc) (UCT), DCom (hc) (UP), DAccSci (hc) (UNISA), MBA (New York) and a BCom (UFH)